FNOR 5: Physical Rehabilitation Essentials
"Physical Rehabilitation Essentials (PRE) is a fast-paced, top-to-bottom instructional course in the clinical application of FNOR clinical techniques."
BACKGROUND:" Stroke patients treated by staff who participated in a team training program were more likely to make functional gains than those treated by staff receiving information only." - Strasser et al (2008) ( Phys Med Rehabil)
An fast-paced, live, practical course focused on direct instruction in case management and the application of therapeutic techniques derived from the entire FNOR integrative physical rehabilitation certification program (FNOR 1-4).
FNOR 5 is a response to long-standing requests for a unifying, skills workshop / training program for clinical sites that employ multiple practitioners on their rehabilitation team that intend to harmonize clinical skills around the FNOR clinical framework.
WHO IS THE PROGRAM INTENDED FOR?
(Licensed Professional (and current students) in the following professions are welcome to attend: DPT, PT, PTA, MD, DC, DO, RN, MSN, ATC) as well as ancillary/supportive staff directly engaged in rehabilitation.
The program will likely be highly valuable for any clinician that has previously attended the FNOR program and particularly valuable for clinicians who wish to efficiently and effectively train their rehabilitation team in the FNOR approach. .
The program is open to practitioners who have not taken any FNOR courses, though it is recommended that practitioners unfamiliar with FNOR might benefit from first taking the FNOR 1 course (Integrative Rehabilitation of Lower Back Pain).
TOPICS COVERED IN THIS COURSE
- Application of the FNOR Matrix in Case Management of various conditions and case presentations.
- Correct Application of specific FNOR clinical techniques (incl. current, evidence-based methods for specific conditions).
- Are you actually going to teach anything practical?
- We are only going to teach practical material!
- How is this different to the other FNOR courses?
- This course is comprised of a practical distillation of FNOR techniques derived from the entire program.
- This course will take place in the clinic space with direct instruction on diagnostic and therapeutic technologies and methods.
- There is little theoretical instruction - the course assumes some familiarity with the FNOR approach.
- The base rate for this course is $1,250 (US) (with a 50% discount for each additional practitioner from the same practice).
- An early bird registration rate of $1050 is offered for registrations made 60 days ahead (50% discount based off early bird rate for early registrations).